Are Organizations Succeeding at AI and Machine Learning?

Did you know that less than 20% of companies wanting great AI and machine learning are mature in those? That leaves around 80% still exploring or struggling to make it happen. As AI and machine learning become a staple of modern business, organizations are looking to jump on board. However, defining the right initiatives and measuring clear ROI for AI and machine learning projects is challenging. To find out how organizations are approaching these initiatives, we conducted a global study in December 2020 and January 2021. The study surveyed 1,870 IT leaders in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, finance, retail, government, and healthcare across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The survey covered AI and machine learning adoption, usage, benefits, impact, and future plans.

In this report, we will discuss the main takeaways, insights, and implications from the data we’ve collected. For businesses starting or struggling to implement AI and machine learning initiatives, this data gives an inside look into potential benefits and pitfalls. Looking at the results, three action steps stand out.

Are Organizations Succeeding at AI and Machine Learning?